Rethinking finance with youth leadership and intergenerational dialogues
- 28 September 2023
- Geneva Graduate Institute Auditorium A2, Maison de la Paix, Geneva
Part of The Club of Rome and The Centre for Finance and Development (IHEID) Collaborative Series, this event is focused on fostering meaningful engagement between young voices and influential leaders in the realms of policy, business, academia, and impact investing. Our goal is to create a platform where the perspectives of young people can be genuinely heard, valued, and integrated into innovation processes, shaping the future of international governance and finance. The panel will be addressing the following questions and beyond.
– How to ensure that the perspectives of young people are heard by policymakers, as well as business and academic leaders?
– How to enable and inspire our future leaders to recognise and contribute their personal capacity in international governance and finance to the emerging field of impact investing?
– How to empower young people and amplify voices that are often suppressed or overlooked through the development of an inclusive and diverse community of storytellers?
- Alisha Thüler, Head of the 53rd International Students’ Committee, St Gallen Symposium, and Master’s Student in Accounting and Finance, University of St. Gallen
- Luz Stecca, Co-President, Geneva Impact Investing Association (GIIA), and Master’s Student in International and Development Studies, Geneva Graduate Institute
- Julian Kölbel, Assistant Professor in Sustainable Finance, Center for Financial Services Innovation, University of St.Gallen (FSI-HSG)
- Nathan Sussman, Professor, International Economics, Pictet Chair in Finance and Development, and Director, Centre for Finance and Development (CFD), Geneva Graduate Institute
- Carlos Álvarez Pereira (Moderator), Vice- President, Club of Rome